Saturday, May 31, 2008

Look, Super Nintendo Chalmers, I'm Learnding!

So, I'm starting to learn more and more about my training and stuff. Here are a few things I've learned lately.

First of all, I like morning workouts better than evening workouts (once they're done, that is). Logistically, they're tons better. I don't have to shower twice a day. I don't get all hyped up right before I got to bed. But, the main reason I've switched is because I found myself kind of dreading my workouts all day. It's not that I don't like the workouts, because I've actually started to like them a lot. But I just know that I had to do it, and I knew I would feel guilty if something came up and I couldn't do my workout.

Second of all, I think I get really hot when I workout, maybe in more ways than one. I was riding today, and I was able to refill my bottles so I had tons of water, so I decided to squirt some on my head, and it made a huge difference. I don't know if everyone is like that, or if I might get hotter than most because I'm so big or something, but it really helped, and I'll have to try that more from now on.

Third of all, stretching and massaging really really really help. I got one of those super dense foam rollers so I could do some self-massage, and I can tell a huge difference after workouts, and especially the morning after, if I use it.

Anyways, those are just some of the things I've learned lately.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! I had a question about your experience with the Garmin Forerunner and a running foot pod. I'm trying to determine if when outdoors and a GPS signal is available if you can get both the GPS data and running stride cadence from the foot pod. Not sure if you have a 305 or 405. I have the 305. Thanks in advance for your response! Bill Vanca

Cole Duke said...

Bill,

Yes, you are able to get running cadence from the foot pod while running outside. When it detects the foot pod, it will ask if you want to use it for indoor training. If you say yes, then it will use the foot pod for speed. If you say no, then it will use the GPS for speed. But, either way, it will display (and save) your running cadence.

BTW, I have the Forerunner 305. It works great.