Saturday, May 3, 2008

What a Weekend

Here are a few things that happened this weekend (and sorry if it sounds like a pity party):

I put my bike on my trunk rack and left my saddle bag on my trunk when I drove off, basically losing all my little bike accessories. 

I did my first official 5k run in a long time and finished in about 38 minutes. I was actually really happy with this. It pushed my weekly run total to 12 miles which is really good for me, and the course was really hilly so I think I might have even gotten closer to 30 minutes on a flat course.

I went out on a bike ride and broke a spoke 3 miles into the ride. I should have seen it coming, but I didn't check my bike carefully enough.

I pulled my bike off the trunk rack when I got home and noticed a crack in the head tube. This is the thing that has me really bummed. There's not warranty since I'm not the original owner, and I know that frame cracks can be really bad. Anyways, here's a pic.


Sorry if this is a totally depressing post. My training is actually going really well, and I'm finally getting more comfortable with running. I'll be sure to do a happier post in the next few days.

3 comments:

Clint said...

Holy Crap! Of all the suckiness that could possibly suck, that is pretty high on the suck-o-meter. I'm really sorry. Can you switch to your other bike? Are you going to join me in drooling over the P2C and B12 that we will never buy?
I would take it into a bike shop and see what they say.

Heidi said...

Dude, nothing ruins your day like a crack in you frame! If you look at it right though it could be a good thing, I mean you may have to find a way to get a new bike! I know you probably won't, I know I couldn't, but there it feels good deep down inside knowing that if you were to say inherit a couple grand from a long lost dead second cousin or something you would have a good reason to spend it on a new bike!!

Amy D said...

Bummer, Cole. I'm so sorry. You did great in the race, though!