Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My Goal For This Month (With Video!!!)

So, my goal was to get 6 hours this week, and I got up to 3 tonight, so I'm feeling pretty good about things. So far this week, I have 3:00:29 active time. I really don't know how I time it so well, because I have about 3:45 total time. I took a break about every 45 minutes and actually got off the bike to shake my legs a bit and what not, and it really helped. I felt really fresh when I got back on. My legs have felt really good, and my lungs have felt even better. I'm going to start running next week, so that will probably all change. 

Speaking of running, my goal for this month is to be able to run 3 miles without walking. I really liked having a small goal last month. It helped motivate me since I was working towards a more immediate goal. And, it might sound like another small goal, but it would be huge for me to be able to run 3 miles non-stop. I haven't been able to do that since I was 9 years old. Anyways, that's my goal. If I don't post about it by the end of the month, it means I'm a slacker and you should all hassle me about it.

Also, as promised, here's a little video for your viewing pleasure. For a little context, that is the doorway to my kitchen. I ride right between the pantry and the fridge (kind of ironic). You can see how I'm right next to that wall in case I get out of hand. Also, if you look under the saddle, you can see my fan blowing wonderful air on me while I ride. You can't see it, but I'm watching "The Ataris at Hard Rock Live" on my computer, which is on the counter. Also, that's free advertising for Hammer Nutrition you see on my butt. I hope to get some compensation for that. If anyone notices any glaring problems in my technique, other than my cadence is too slow, I bob up and down a lot,  and I'm too fat,  then let me know. Otherwise: enjoy!

Edit: I don't know why it's showing up so dark. Freaking blogger. Anyways, I think you get the idea. We'll get a better video before too long.


3 comments:

Clint said...

Looks good!

I think you are doing great. I'm excited for some rides and races this spring and summer. I really think you are going to change your self and lifestyle this year.

Carl said...

Wow that is a tight space. It is one thing to work out when conditions are ideal but if you are sticking with it in the freaking hallway my hats off to you (all of my hats...even my Tiger Woods one that I got at Uintah Golf).

Hang in there with the running, it will give you an idea of how much progress you are making with your cycling. If you get out there to run and you are in the exact same position you were in before cycling, then your cadence is too low and your gear is too high. I think that is highly unlikely, I think you are going to find that running 3 miles is much easier than you think it will be.

My goal would be to head out to a track and make a goal to do two laps without stopping and then walk one. If you keep this up and only count the laps you run you will have totaled nearly four miles in no time flat.

Amy D said...

Good job Cole! I can't believe how much you ride. Way to go! And thanks for the video. I guess I owe you one of Clint playing DDR now :)