Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Increasing Flexibility?

Lately I've noticed that it's a lot easier to put on my socks than it used to be. I have a ruptured disk in my lower back, and it's been a pain to put on my socks (especially the left one) for years. I've been stretching and riding a lot lately, and I really think it's increased my flexibility, because it hasn't really been a pain lately.

Also, I've noticed that it's becoming easier and easier to eat healthy. I was pretty miserable for a few days, but since I cut out junk food and stuff, I haven't really been all that tempted by candy and other junk. Anyways, just a few observations that I wanted to note.

3 comments:

Carl said...

It may sound weird....your intuition tells you that the more you exercise the more you want to eat high caloric foods. BUT, when I was running 40 miles/week and riding was probably the time when my body most craved healthy foods. I also could not eat as much as when I am sedentary. I think the more you exercise the easier it is to eat healthy.

Amy D said...

Cole, you're inspiring me! Keep up the good work. How much have you lost so far? (Not that it really matters as long as you're feeling better, but it's nice to see results as well as feel them, right?)

Heidi said...

Cole, nice job on all your hard work...Its funny cause I used to have the same problem putting my socks on as well, I really think riding helped make that chore a little easier. Keep up the good work...