Saturday, January 19, 2008

New Record!

So, I decided to get one last, good workout in tonight, and I rode my rollers for 2 hours. It felt really good. I watched Godfather 2 for about an hour and 20 minutes, and then listened to loud music for the rest of the time. The thing that makes me the happiest is that the total time was 2:03 and there was only 13 minutes where I wasn't pedaling, so I was actually pedaling for 1:50. I was usually between 60 and 70 RPM, but I got up around 100 a few times. I know I need to get the average cadence up, but I'm still a bit shaky. 

So, that put my weekly total up to 5 hours, and about 50 miles (not that distance means much indoors). 

My goal for this month is to get to where I can ride non-stop for an hour with cadence above 70 RPM. My actual tri training schedule doesn't start until March 8, so I'm just trying to get a good base. This month, I'm concentrating on cycling, and next month, I'll move on to running. I figure if I can get to the point where I can exercise for longer periods of time and keep my heart rate up and stuff, I'll be ready to start my actual tri training.

2 comments:

Carl said...

I can guarantee you if you rode your rollers for 5 hours it is going to be much closer to 75-100 miles. When we go out and we are riding without stopping a ton we average about 17-19 miles an hour.

Nice work

Cole Duke said...

Yeah, I usually average between 15 and 20 mph over long distances, so I'm sure it's a lot more than that. The hours are all I really care about. The nice thing is that there's still a lot more resistance I can get out of my rollers just by shifting gears.