Saturday, January 26, 2008

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times

I'm getting pretty good at those corny titles. So, I was considering going on a ride outside today, because the temp was supposed to be in the 30's. I told Carl last night, so he let me borrow his full-finger gloves, and I figured I had to go on a ride.

So, I kind of just wandered around Provo/Springville. At about mile 25, I decided I really wanted to do 50 miles, and I was stoked. My legs were feeling good, and I wasn't have any trouble breathing or anything. So, I went up to Hobble Creek Golf Course, and then came back down, and was going to go up past the MTC and loop back around to get right around 50 miles. Then I probably would have just circled the block if I was short of 50.

So, I was almost to mile 38, crossing the intersection on 900 East in front of the MTC, and broke a spoke. I got right off the bike, and sure enough, it was broken. Basically, I kind of tried to fix it for a few minutes (I don't know what I thought was going to happen), and then called Lacey to come pick me up. I think this was God's way of telling me I need to do more missionary work, or I need to go to the Temple more, since I was right in front of both. In the end, it was probably a good thing, because we had to leave for dinner pretty soon after. 

Here are some pics. The first is the route I took. You can tell I was kind of just wanderin randomly around Provo. The second is this cool snow sculpture thing of the ninja turtles. It was right on that street where you turn right to go up the canyon to Hobble Creek.


No comments: