Tuesday, January 29, 2008

More podcast reviews

So, I think I've come to the conclusion that there are way too many podcasts out there, and I enjoy listening to well done podcasts about things like video games than mediocre podcasts about triathlon.

In Transit 2: This is a podcast by two female triathletes that basically goes through their own personal experiences with triathlon, and it's a pretty good podcast, but not the best I've heard. It's worth listening to an episode, but I would listen to tri talk or JBST before this one. I think I'll unsubscribe.

Ironman Talk: Hosted by two triathletes from New Zealand. They're actually really funny, and the podcast is entertaining. It focuses on interviews with triathletes and news about ironman and half ironman races. It's fun to listen to, and I'll keep listening during long workouts. 

Maybe I'll have another review after my ride tonight. I was thinking about running, but it's a blizzard outside, so I think I'll just hit my rollers for a while. 

2 comments:

Carl said...

I really don't like the new zealand guys. Have you listened to Phidipidations? It is basically some dude just running and talking but is actually pretty good.

I also listen to a ton of news podcasts. Businessweek and Newsweek all have cover podcasts where they do a story on their cover and they are about 30 minutes long. I find it is a really good way to stay on top of current events like the F-bomb dropping liar who won the Florida primary.

Mitt's it....he the...well you know.

Oh yeah one more thing. A Spoon Full of Russian is a good podcast to learn yet another language so you can understand Clint and I when we are making fun of Connor!

Cole Duke said...

Yeah, I think that podcast is called "Zen and the art of triathlon" (the one where the dude runs and talks and stuff). I have listened to it, but I don't really like it.

I have only listened to like 2 episodes of the New Zealand dudes. We'll see how I feel after I listen to a few more. I'll check out those other podcasts.