Wednesday, January 23, 2008

New Fan

So, I got a fan, and used it today for the first time on my roller ride. It was really nice. I noticed a few things. First of all, I obviously didn't get nearly as sweaty. Also, I noticed I had to work a lot harder to get my heart rate up than I did before. 

So, I rode for 1:28 half active time (about 1:53 total), and it was really good. I took a break about half way through and actually got off my bike. I had to adjust my cleat because it came loose, but I was glad for the chance to rest my butt and legs. I was keeping my heart rate in zone 3 for the whole workout, and I'm going to try that for the next little while. The strange thing is I really don't feel all that tired now. I was never breathing too hard or anything. I mainly stopped because my butt hurt, but my legs were getting pretty tired. I feel like I've gotten past that preliminary stage where any exercise is excruciating, so now I need to keep building my base. I have 44 days until my actual training schedule begins, but I feel like I'm making good progress. 

One thing I've noticed, as well, is that my heart rate seems to drop a lot faster lately when I stop pedaling or whatever. I think that's a good sign. At any rate, I feel like I'm in a ton better shape than I was before, and that feels good. 

No comments: